Thank you so much to PMD Beauty for sponsoring today’s post! While we were compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are 100% genuine and my own! XO
Good morning, y’all! Happy weekend! I’m hoping your Saturday is as beautiful as ours here in Chciago.
These last several months I’ve really enjoyed sharing with you all a number of different beauty products we’ve been able to try and our full experience with each.
The older I get, the more important my skin care and beauty routine becomes. And, while the products and techniques I’ve used have become more of a focal point, spending the money that often times comes with the maintenance can become really overwhelming and cumbersome.
Spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on procedures and dermatology visits just isn’t in the cards.
So, when PMD beauty reached to us to try their Personal Microderm tool I was immediately on board.
In today’s post we’re going to detail for you:
– What is the PMD personal microderm system?
– Our personal skincare struggles and our experience with this at-home system
– How you too can use the PMD personal microderm system for yourself.
WHAT IS PMD PERSONAL MICRODERM?
PMD Personal Microderm is an incredible at-home skincare tool that provides the same great results you’d see if you visited a professional, in-office dermatologist for microdermabrasion treatments.
The patented Spinning Discs (tip of the micorderm tool) is embedded with aluminum oxide crystals which exfoliates dead, dull cells from the surface of your skin. By removing this dead skin cell barrier, new cell growth is stimulated and glowing youthful skin is revealed.
Once this barrier is removed, your personal skin care products can penetrate 20x deeper maximizing the benefits of skin care.
Sounds pretty amazing, right?
OUR SKINCARE TROUBLES & EXPERIENCE WITH PMD PERSONAL MICRODERM
As we’ve said here on A Lily Love Affair many times, for the last several years I’ve stopped wearing make-up on my face (with the exception of mascara and lipstick).
With that said, I’ve put a lot of time and attention into trying products that will improve the overall look and feel of my skin.
As a teenager, and into my late 20’s, I fought acne issues and have really started to see the first signs of aging. My skin is very oily and can sometimes appear red in spots. Not to mention, I love the sun and have seen a significant amount of sun and aging spots appear.
Because of the teenage acne, I also have scaring on my faces and neck. None of this sounds appealing, right? Right!
I recently found a new skincare regimen that I am ABSOLUTELY in love with, but I also want to make sure I am getting the most effective use from the products. So, when PMD reached out to try their PMD Personal Microderm system, I couldn’t wait to give it a go. I really wanted an at-home system that wasn’t costly AND would help to remove dead, lifeless skin cells from my face so my moisturizer and anti-aging products could really sink into my skin and do their best work.
I’ve been using the personal micoderm once a week for the last four weeks and really love what I’m seeing so far.
I was a tad hesitant at first, wondering if it would leave my skin looking too red or sensitive, but the repairing masks which come with the tool really help to sooth and repair. Paired with my daily skincare regimen, my skin looks more even, radiant and smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try for yourself!
I’m even more excited to put it to use with the upcoming cooler weather and the need to keep my skin exfoliated and protected from dry air and cooler conditions.
HOW TO USE PMD PERSONAL MICRODERM
1. Thoroughly cleanse and dry your skin prior to using the system. The unit shown here is the Classic system.
2. To get started, apply the White Training Disc to the tip of your personal microderm unit. I recommend you practice on your arm or leg before using on face to get used to the amount of pressure and motion you’d like to apply.
3. Pull your skin taut with your free hand to allow the Personal Microderm to smoothly glide over your skin.
4. Move the Personal Microderm in an upward fluid motion across your skin. I personally started with my cheeks and moved my way upward on my face. Remember not to hover on any spots or move too quickly over your face.
5. After you have completed the treatment on your entire face, wash and dry the skin. Apply a calming toner and recovery moisturizer.
6. It’s also recommended to clean the cap and filter after use with rubbing alcohol or antibacterial soap.
For more information on use and cleaning tips, see here!
Want to try PMD for yourself? Score a discount with code ANNA15!