SUN-DRIED TOMATO ALFREDO PASTA RECIPE
Looking for an easy and delicious pasta dish that will wow your taste buds? Sun-dried tomato alfredo pasta is the perfect meal for you! This recipe is simple to follow and can be made in just a few minutes. The sun-dried tomatoes add a delicious depth of flavor to the alfredo sauce, making this dish a crowd-pleaser. Serve it up with some garlic bread and a green salad for a complete meal. Love fettuccini alfredo? Then your family and friends will be asking for seconds, so make sure to make enough for everyone!
This chicken alfredo with sundried tomatoes is an excellent dish for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for something to make for a weeknight dinner or you’re entertaining guests, this meal will not disappoint. It’s also perfect for those days when you just want something comforting and delicious. Alfredo with sundried tomatoes will become a new favorite in your household! So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
In this delicious pasta recipe, we will cover the following topics. Feel free to use these links to navigate the post.
- Sun-dried tomato alfredo pasta ingredients
- How to make sun-dried tomato alfredo pasta.
- Frequently asked questions:
SHOP SUN DRIED TOMATO ALFREDO ESSENTIALS
Please note: A Lily Love Affair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to products.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
INGREDIENTS FOR SUN-DRIED TOMATO ALFREDO PASTA
- Olive oil – we used extra virgin olive oil, but you can also use coconut or avocado oil.
- Boneless chicken breast – if needed, you can also use boneless chicken tenders, shredded rotisserie chicken, spicy sausage, Italian sausage or shrimp.
- Butter – we have also used vegan butter which turns out just as delicious!
- Pasta – What is great about this alfredo with sundried tomatoes recipe is you can use any pasta of your choosing. However, with creamy pasta such as this, we love to use pasta shells that hold on to the cream sauce well. Pasta shells such as penne pasta, fettuccini, rigatoni, and more are our favorites.
- Minced garlic – or use 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – You can use any type of sun-dried tomatoes for this pasta recipe. However, we recommend using sun-dried tomatoes with oil. If you can’t find tomatoes packed with oil, you can also use fresh tomatoes that have been roasted in the oven.
- Spinach – If you don’t have spinach, you can also use kale or Swiss chard.
- Heavy cream – you can also use half and half, if needed.
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasoning – to add a pinch of flavor to this tomato alfredo sauce, we added garlic pepper, salt, and a few red pepper flakes.
- Fresh basil – garnish, optional.
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO ALFREDO PASTA
To make this delicious creamy tomato alfredo recipe, begin by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and boneless chicken breasts to a large pan over medium heat. Lightly season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and garlic pepper. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked. The time may vary based on the thickness of your chicken. Once fully cooked, set aside.
In the same pan over medium heat, add butter and begin to melt. Add minced garlic and allow to simmer together for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add sun dried tomatoes and heavy cream and continue to simmer on high for 5-6 minutes on low heat. Add parmesan cheese and stir until all ingredients are well combined and the pasta sauce begins to thicken.
Add additional, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
Once the sauce has reached your desired thickness, toss in cooked pasta and spinach. Stir all ingredients until well combined. Toss in chicken and top with any additional freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately and enjoy! Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make sun-dried tomato alfredo pasta ahead of time?
Yes, alfredo with sun-dried tomato pasta can be made up to four days in advance. Simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it.
How long will sun-dried tomato alfredo pasta last?
If stored properly in an airtight container, this pasta dish will last four to five days in the refrigerator.
How to store sun-dried tomato pasta?
Creamy tomato alfredo pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to four to five days.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES? HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Rasta Pasta With Shrimp & Cream Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta | Delicious & Easy
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta With Shrimp & Parmesan
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta in Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta: A Delicious and Easy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 8.5 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound pasta shells
- handful of spinach
- pinch of salt
- To make this delicious creamy alfredo pasta recipe, begin by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and boneless chicken breasts to a large pan over medium heat. Lightly season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and garlic pepper. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked. The time may vary based on the thickness of your chicken. Once fully cooked, set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add butter and begin to melt. Add minced garlic and allow to simmer together for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream and continue to simmer on high for 5-6 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and stir until all ingredients are well combined and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add additional salt and garlic pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce has reached your desired thickness, toss in cooked pasta and spinach. Stir all ingredients until well combined. Toss in chicken and top with any additional freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
WE’D LOVE TO SEE! TAG US @ANNABAUN
Leave A Comment