A DELICIOUSLY EASY TRADER JOE’S SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE
Fall is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious recipe for Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s? This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and it’s sure to become a family favorite. So gather your ingredients and get started! You won’t regret it. Did we mention you only need one pot?
Trader Joe’s is known for its great prices and unique grocery items, and one of the most popular items is its sweet potato gnocchi. The gnocchi is tender and delicious, with a slightly sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with a savory sauce. So next time you’re at Trader Joe’s, be sure to pick up some of this tasty Italian pasta!
In this one-post gnocchi recipe, we will cover the following topics. Feel free to use the links below to navigate the post:
- What is Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi?
- Ingredients you’ll need for this sweet potato gnocchi recipe.
- How to make this easy sweet potato gnocchi recipe.
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe variations.
- Can you freeze sweet potato gnocchi?
- Can you cook Trader Joe’s gnocchi in an air fryer?
WHAT IS TRADER JOE’S SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI?
Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi is a type of Italian dumpling made with sweet potatoes, flour, and salt. They are typically boiled and served with a sauce or in a soup.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS GNOCCHI RECIPE
- A bag of Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter
- Chicken sausage
- Fire roasted tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic pepper
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE
This cozy, comfort meal is easy to make, can be made in one pot, and can be on the table in just 30 minutes.
First, in a large pan over medium heat, add onions and sausage and cook until slightly browned; about 5-6 minutes.
Next, add the gnocchi, fire-roasted tomatoes with juice, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic pepper, and a pinch of salt. Stir all ingredients together until well combined. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until gnocchi has softened.
Serve and enjoy!
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE VARIATIONS
- Change out the protein source. Prefer grilled chicken over chicken sausage? No problem! Grilled chicken is an excellent alternative. Want something spicy? Try your favorite spicy sausage, too.
- Add your favorite veggies and greens. Broccoli, zucchini, and squash, oh my! Bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, spinach, and kale also make an excellent addition to this easy weeknight meal.
- Increase the heat. Want to increase the spice of this gnocchi recipe? Add a few red pepper flakes to increase the kick.
- Change up the cooking method. There are many ways to enjoy sweet potato gnocchi. You can simply boil them and serve with your favorite sauce, or you can pan-fry them for a crispy exterior. You can also add them to soups or stews for extra heartiness.
CAN YOU FREEZE SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI?
Yes, you can freeze sweet potato gnocchi. Just place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and they will keep for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply cook them according to the directions above.
CAN YOU COOK TRADER JOE’S GNOCCHI IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you most certainly can! Place the gnocchi in a single layer in your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they are crispy. No need to add any oil, they will cook perfectly in the air fryer. Be sure to check on them halfway through to ensure they do not stick and are cooking well.
OTHER DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES:
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Rasta Pasta With Shrimp & Cream Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta | Delicious & Easy
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta With Shrimp & Parmesan
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff in Your Instant Pot
Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- Add onions and sausage to a medium pan over medium heat. Cook until slighly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add gnocchi, fire roasted tomaotes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic pepper, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Stir all ingredients together until well combined. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until gnocchi is tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
WE’D LOVE TO SEE! TAG US @ANNABAUN