We are excited to partner with Hudsonville Ice Cream who has sponsored today’s post. Although we were compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are genuine and our own.
February is the month of spreading love and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate with the ones we love than by sharing a perfect evening over our favorite Hudsonville Dairy Free Ice Cream Cake. Chocolate, Cherry and Cookie Dough oh my!
Grab your sweet tooth, your fork and your loved ones and cozy up for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Today, Shawn and I are teaming up in the kitchen to share how we made this yummy ice cream cake recipe! It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
This year, more than any others in the past, Shawn and I have been spending more time together in the kitchen. We both love to cook. And, we have been connecting more, researching, shopping and cooking up our favorite recipes. Cooking together has given us a great opportunity to connect after a long day of work and chat about the happenings in our day.
Lately, we have even been honoring our strong family traditions and whipping up some age old recipes from both sides of our family. We are both Irish, so we’ve been thinking about other festive desserts we can make using Hudsonville Ice Cream. I am thinking up an extra special treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Shawn and I both love ice cream, so when it came time to choosing a Valentine’s Day treat we would both love, this layered dairy free ice cream cake was a no brainer!
Whipping up this ice cream cake is both easy and fun for everyone in your family. It makes for the perfect sweet treat for birthday’s, anniversaries and, of course, Valentine’s Day! And, even better, the cake is completely customizable with any flavor of ice cream you like.
For this dairy free ice cream cake recipe, I chose a combination of Hudsonville Ice Cream’s creamy and delicious pint ice creams. We have tried every single Hudsonville flavor and I can honestly say it’s almost impossible to choose a favorite.
Y’all, they are so smooth and creamy. Each flavor is the perfect marriage of rich chocolate and fresh fruit flavors. If you’re shopping for Hudsonville Ice Cream in your area, use their Scoop Locator to locate a retailer near you! I was able to grab mine, and other flavors, at my local Meijer store.
RELATED POST: Mini Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
If you had the opportunity to catch our No Fuss Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe, you know how much we love Hudsonville Ice Cream. Not only do we love them for their high-quality products, we also love them for their passion for creating the best ice cream around.
Hudsonville has been perfecting the art of ice cream in the Midwest since 1926. A strong work ethic and a humble family-centered are at the heart of their creamery.
Can you believe their tried and true recipes have been around for more than 90 years? They offer more than 50 creamy and delicious flavors, from the world’s best French Vanilla and other beloved all season favorites to seasonal Limited Edition flavors, like Chocolate Raspberry Indulgence.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS DELICIOUS DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM CAKE
- 1 6 ounce pre-made graham cracker crust (I used Honey Made)
- 1 pint Dairy Free Caramel Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 2 pint Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 pint Dairy Free Cherry Fudge Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 6-8 small green leaves for additional decoration
HOW TO MAKE OUR DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM CAKE
- To make this dairy free ice cream cake recipe for yourself, first grab your favorite ice cream flavors and a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Spray non-stick spray on both the bottom and the sides of the spring form pan.
- Layer the bottom of the spring form pan with the pre-made graham cracker crust. NOTE: I crumbled the pieces of the pre-made form – including the edges and pressed them into the bottom.
- Press the crumbles from the graham cracker crust until all of the pieces are compact.
- Spread 1 pint of the dairy free chocolate ice cream evenly as the bottom layer for the cake. NOTE: I allowed the pint of ice cream to set out on the counter to melt just slightly for about 15 minutes.
- Place the spring form back into the freezer for about an hour or until the layer of ice cream is solid again.
- Repeat this process for three more layers with your favorite flavors. The entire process will take approximately 4-5 hours. For reference, I used Chocolate, Caramel Cookie Dough, Cherry Fudge and another layer of Chocolate in that order.
- Once you have layered all four layers, and each is frozen completely, very carefully and slowly remove the spring form from the pan.
- Decorate the top of the cake with leaves or flowers across the top middle of the cake first.
- Next, carefully layer in berries.
- Serve and enjoy!