We are excited to partner with Hudsonville Ice Cream on this Apple Crisp Ice Cream Pie recipe. Although we were compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are genuine and our own.
Apple Crisp Ice Cream Pie is the creamy, no-fail holiday recipe you’ve been looking for! And, with an apple crisp topping and creamy vanilla ice cream? We’ll take two slices, please!
The holiday season is officially here. Crisp coolness is in the air. Grab your fork and your loved ones and cozy up for the perfect holiday treat!
Today, Shawn and I are teaming up in the kitchen to share how we made this delicious ice cream pie recipe. It’s the perfect holiday treat!
Made with a soft sugar cookie crust, filled with Hudsonville Creamery Blend Vanilla Ice Cream and topped with apple crisp and caramel sauce – what’s not to love?
If you are not familiar with Hudsonville Ice Cream, get yourself to a local Meijer or Jewel store stat! They make the most creamy ice cream flavors our family has ever had! Prefer a dairy-free dessert option? Hudsonville Ice Cream also makes a Dairy-Free lineup, too.
Want a gift you can unwrap early? Claim your holiday coupon – and a recipe ebook filled with ice cream recipes!
This holiday season, Shawn and I have been honoring our strong family traditions and revisiting some age-old recipes from both sides of our family.
Our family loves ice cream, so when it came time to choosing a Thanksgiving and Christmas treat everyone would love, this Apple Crisp Ice Cream Pie was a no brainer! It’s a family favorite.
Whipping up this ice cream pie is both easy and fun for everyone in your family. It makes for the perfect sweet treat for birthdays, anniversaries and, of course, Thanksgiving! Even better, this pie recipe is completely customizable with any flavor of ice cream you might like.
While we chose to make this ice cream pie with a sugar cookie crust and creamy vanilla ice cream, there are a number of alternative options you can choose. Here are just a few of our suggestions.
For the cookie crust, we also enjoy Salted Caramel or Oatmeal Cooking Mix. Both pair really well with the ice cream and apple crisp topping.
Prefer a graham cracker crust instead? Go for it! It tastes delicious, as well.
WHY WE LOVE HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM
If you had the opportunity to catch our No Fuss Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe, you know how much we love Hudsonville Ice Cream. Not only do we love them for their high-quality products, we also love them for their passion for creating the best ice cream around.
Hudsonville has been perfecting the art of ice cream in the Midwest since 1926. A strong work ethic and a humble family-centered philosophy are at the heart of their creamery.
Can you believe their tried and true recipes have been around for more than 90 years? They offer more than 50 creamy and delicious flavors, from the world’s best French Vanilla and other beloved all season favorites to seasonal Limited Edition flavors.
This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I may recieve a percentage of qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE CRISP ICE CREAM PIE:
FOR THE CRUST
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pouch (17.5 ounce) Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
FOR THE ICE CREAM FILLING
- 1 48 ounce carton of Hudsonville Creamery Blend Vanilla Ice Cream
FOR THE APPLE CRISP TOPPING
- 4 small apples, peeled and finely chopped (I prefer to use Granny Smith apples)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (you can also use almond flour, if desired)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Caramel apple sauce
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CRISP ICE CREAM PIE:
- START WITH THE COOKIE CRUST: Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together cookie mix, egg and butter until well combined. Press the cookie dought into a 9-inch pie pan to form the crust.
- Place the pie crust into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pie crust from the oven and allow to cool completely. You can also place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to assist in the cooling process. NOTE: If the crust has raised, gently re-form the crust with a spoon or small glass while the pie crust is still warm.
- ICE CREAM LAYER: Once the crust has completely cooled, add a layer of ice cream being sure to fill in any and all gaps. Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours or until ice cream has completely frozen.
- APPLE CRISP TOPPING: In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and butter. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Remove the frozen ice cream pie from the freezer just before serving. When ready, add apple crisp topping to the ice cream pie then drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES? HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- The BEST Mini Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
- Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches – 4 Ingredients
- Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake
- Delectable Pears With Honey & Cinnamon
- Hudsonville Dairy Free Ice Cream Cake