This homemade cajun seasoning recipe is a must for every pantry! Make with only a few key ingredients you’ll have this spice combination on hand for all your favorite family recipes!
For years we only used pre-packaged Cajun seasoning. What we found, however, is pre-packaged Cajun seasoning has a tendency to be too salty. This DIY Cajun spice blend is so affordable and delicious.
Originating from Louisiana, Cajun seasoning can be used in so many ways. It’s the perfect spice to add with some chicken or shrimp, and it’s incredibly spimple to make to make, requiring spices you most likely already have in your pantry.
You can either make a single batch to make for one recipe or double it up to have on hand for weeks and months to come.
HOME CAJUN SEASONING RECIPE IDEAS
There are so many great ways to use this homemade Cajun seasoning. We love it in pastas, on shrimp, grilled chicken, added to butter as a beef braise and more. Here are just a few of our favorite ways to use:
- Pasta dishes (you have to try Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta)
- Chicken (wings, chicken breasts, turkey breasts & more)
- Veggies (roasted cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, etc.)
- Steak (mix with melted butter or use as a dry rub)
- Corn Chowder
- Eggs and hashbrowns
- … and so much more!
CAJUN SEASONING INGREDIENTS
What we love about making homemade Cajun seasoning as opposed to pre-packed seasoning is you can easily adjust the seasoning below to fit your tastebuds. Feel free to adjust any of the below slightly if you prefer more or less heat.
You can also see we do not add any salt to this Cajun seasoning mix, but feel free to do so, if prefered. We would recommend 1 teaspoon.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder or salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Combine all spices in small bowl. Use as a dry rub on beef, shrimp, poltury, veggies, soups, sauces and so much more! Store in airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
WE'D LOVE TO SEE! TAG US @ANNABAUN