This homemade jerk seasoning recipe is a must for every pantry! Make with only a few key ingredients you’ll have this spice combination on hand for all your favorite family recipes!
For years we only used pre-packaged Jamaican jerk seasoning. What we found, however, is pre-packaged jerk seasoning has a tendency to be too salty. This DIY jerk spice blend is so affordable and delicious.
It’s the perfect spice to add with some chicken or shrimp, and it’s incredibly simple to make to make, requiring spices you most likely already have in your pantry.
You can either make a single batch to make for one recipe or double it up to have on hand for weeks and months to come.
HOMEMADE JERK SEASONING RECIPE IDEAS
There are so many great ways to use this homemade jerk seasoning. We love it in pastas, on shrimp, grilled chicken, added to butter as a beef braise and more. Here are just a few of our favorite ways to use:
- Pasta dishes (you have to try Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta)
- Chicken (wings, chicken breasts, turkey breasts & more)
- Veggies (roasted cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, etc.)
- Steak (mix with melted butter or use as a dry rub)
- … and so much more!
JAMAICAN JERK SEASONING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar