This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is the easiest and most delicious Mac and Cheese recipe I have ever made. Who can resist 5 cheese AND bacon? Give it a go and let us know what you think!
… certainly not anyone in our family.
In less than a few minutes, your family will eat up this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. Plus, it’s a great dish to take to all of your holiday parties and pot lucks this season.
Like many of our other Instant Pot recipes (if you haven’t tried the Instant Pot Monkey Bread, it’s also a must!), it can be modified to your or your families liking.
For example, if you’d prefer your Instant Pot Mac and Cheese be made with macaroni or elbow noodles, go for it! Do you have a favorite cheese? Replace any of the ones I included below! This Mac and Cheese is completely yours to customize!
Below, we’re sharing our tips, key ingredients and suggestions on how to make this the best Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta you’ll ever try. If you make it, be sure to share online and tag us! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
______ OUR FAVORITE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES ______
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY INSTANT POT 5 CHEESE MAC AND CHEESE:
- When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, feel free to modify the pasta from the recipe. Regardless of which pasta you choose, be sure to follow the cooking times indicated on the box of your pasta choice. Whatever the box says- cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. For example, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. All together you would cook for 3 minutes.
- You can choose to add bacon to this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese or not. For added flavor, I chose a maple bacon. However, smoked bacon is also really good.
- As mentioned above, you can also choose to replace the cheese with any others that are your favorites. I almost always choose to include a sharp cheddar.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT MAC AND CHEESE:
- 1 pound pasta shell (I used Campanelle, but macaroni or elbow pasta is a great choice)
- 3 1/2 cup water (use can also use chicken broth for added flavor)
- 4 strips bacon, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup aged cheddar
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half & half or whole milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper (you can also just use garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTANT POT MAC AND CHEESE:
- Turn on your Instant Pot and select the ‘Saute’ function.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp to your liking – approximately 5 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. If there is remaining grease, remove all but a tablespoon or two of the grease.
- Add the pasta, salt and water to your Instant Pot. Cover and select ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’ function on High and cook for 3-4 minutes depending on your pasta selection.
- Once the cooking is complete, use the quick release function (or press down on the ‘pressure’ button to release the steam fully.
- Stir in half the whole milk or half and half, cheese options, salt, garlic pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Continue to stir until the cheese is completely melted and mixed. If the mixture is too thick with cheese, slowly add in the additional half and half or whole milk to make more creamy.
- Taste and add any additional seasoning, as needed.
- Serve and enjoy! You deserve it!
- Don’t forget to top with bacon!