Instant Pot Bolognese, anyone? t’s cold outside! Warm up with this most delicious Instant Pot Bolognese recipe! I can almost guarantee it will quickly become a family favorite!
We love a good recipe in the Instant Pot! And, while we have a number of our family favorites (if you haven’t tried the Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta, it’s a MUST!) , this one has quickly moved its way up to the top. After the lid on the Instant Pot was released, it only took fa few minutes for the boys in our house to consume the entire batch!
My family loves a good red sauce, but the ingredients in this Instant Pot Bolognese really warms the soul. It’s hearty, grain-free, dairy-free and Whole30 friendly.
Like many of our other Instant Pot recipes, this one can be modified to your or your families liking. For example, if you’d prefer your Instant Pot Bolognese be made with penne as opposed to spaghetti, go for it! If you want to add bacon, do that, too.
Below, we’re sharing our tips, key ingredients and suggestions on how to make this the best bolognese you’ll ever try. If you make it, be sure to share online and tag us! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
RELATED POST: Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT BOLOGNESE:
- For this dish, I didn’t choose to make the pasta in the Instant Pot. With a bolognese dish, my family likes different helping sizes so I chose to boil the pasta on the stove top separately.
- To make this dish for Vegan, plant-based beef is a great substitute for ground beef or turkey. We love Beyond Beef as an option.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT BOLOGNESE:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can fire roasted red tomatoes
- ¼ cup onions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mushrooms (I chopped mine slightly)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (garnish)
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BOLOGNESE:
- Select the ‘Saute’ function on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add ground turkey and cook for 3-4 minutes until ground turkey is mostly brown.
- Add onion, celery and mushrooms to the ground turkey and stir. Saute for an additional 4-5 minutes or until veggies are soften.
- Add fire roasted tomaotes, marinara, Italian Seasoning, garlic pepper, oregano and salt. Stir to combine.
- Select the ‘Cancel’ button then lock the lid into place, flipping the vent valve to ‘Sealed’ position.
- Select the ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high and cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, flip the vent valve to ‘Venting’ (press) and remove the lip when all the steam has fully released.
- Stir, taste and add any additional seasoning you might like.
- Add generous spoonful of bolongnese to your pasta plate and ENJOY!