Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi is the delicious, easy dinner recipe that will have your family asking for seconds. It’s the perfect, light pasta recipe you’ll love all year long!
If you have followed us for some time, you know we are such big fans of a creamy pasta recipe. The best Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe is made with fresh ingredients including jumbo raw shrimp, farfalle or angel hair pasta, freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese, and more! What’s not to love?
You’ll notice several traditional shrimp scampi recipes are made with white wine. In our case, we think it’s just as delicious without. Butter, chicken broth, garlic pepper, lemon juice, minced garlic, and Parmesan cheese come together so nicely in a light cream sauce packed with tons of rich flavor. Top with some fresh parsley and lemon wedges and you’re good to go!
Similarly, we like to saute the raw shrimp in olive oil and garlic pepper before cooking the pasta to ensure it doesn’t overcook. You can, however, cook the shrimp with the pasta, if preferred. If you choose to do so, I recommend placing the shrimp on top of the pasta during the pressure cooking stage.
We hope you love this easy pressure cooker recipe as much as we do! It’s pure comfort food in our house!
If you try this shrimp scampi with pasta, be sure to pin the recipe and tag us on Instagram!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI
- SHRIMP – We used fresh jumbo shrimp, but we think grilled chicken would delicious if preferred.
- PASTA – As mentioned above, we typically use farfalle or angel hair pasta in our shrimp scampi recipe, but any pasta that will absorb the delicious creamy sauce will do.
- LEMON JUICE – when possible, we always recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice. It really makes a big difference in taste.
- VEGETABLE OR CHICKEN STOCK – Either one will work perfectly. You can also use water if needed.
- PARMESAN CHEESE – This easy shrimp scampi recipe calls for grated parmesan cheese for the sauce and some additional shredded parmesan cheese for toppings. Similar to the above, if you are looking to make this recipe dairy-free, we recommend using Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese.
- RED PEPPER FLAKES – If you are looking to add a pinch of spice to your pasta recipe, a tad bit of red pepper flakes will do the trick. It’s completely optional, but we do think it adds some real depth to this recipe.
- GARLIC PEPPER – We almost always use garlic pepper in our pasta recipes as opposed to black pepper. Similar to the red pepper flakes, garlic pepper gives it that added bit of flavor we love in an Italian-inspired pasta recipe.
CAN I USE FROZEN SHRIMP IN SHRIMP SCAMPI?
You most certainly can! However, I would recommend thawing the shrimp before cooking in this shrimp recipe. To thaw, I typically place the frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS INSTANT POT PASTA RECIPES? HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Easy Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo
- Rasta Pasta With Shrimp & Cream Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta | Delicious & Easy
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta With Shrimp
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta With Shrimp & Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara
SHOP RECIPE ESSENTIALS
This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I may receive a percentage of qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
HOW TO STORE SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA
Store your shrimp scampi with penne pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
CAN I REHEAT INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI?
You most certainly can! In fact, we think this shrimp scampi pasta recipe is just as good, if not better, the days following as leftovers.
For individualized portions, place the desired amount on a plate or in a bowl and place it in the microwave for 1 minute. After the 1 minute has expired, remove from the microwave, stir the contents and place back in for an additional 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired temperature.
If for any reason you want to add more ‘sauce’, add a splash of water, chicken stock, or chicken broth when heating.
If you plan to reheat a larger portion, place the pasta in a large skillet over medium to low heat on the stove. Again, you will want to add a splash of water of chicken stock stirring the pasta and shrimp regularly. Heat on medium to low heat until you have reached your desired temperature.
WHAT TYPE OF PASTA SHOULD I USE FOR SHRIMP SCAMPI?
What is great about this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi pasta is you can use any pasta of your choosing. However, with a creamy pasta such as this, we love to use pasta shells that hold on to the cream sauce well. Pasta shells such as penne pasta, fettuccini, angel hair pasta, rigatoni, and more are our favorites.
When cooking pasta in your pressure cooker, be sure to follow the tip before for cooking time.
TIPS FOR COOKING PASTA IN YOUR INSTANT POT
When cooking Instant Pot recipes with pasta feel free to choose any pasta shell you might prefer. Regardless of which pasta you choose, be sure to follow the cooking times indicated on the box of your pasta choice. Whatever the box says – cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes.
For example, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. Altogether you would cook for 3 minutes for pasta that is slightly more al dente. If you like your pasta slightly more cooked, consider adding 1 minute.
If for any reason you don’t feel as though your pasta is cooked enough, you can always place the lid back on your Instant Pot and pressure cook again for 0 minutes. That should do the trick!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI:
Start by cleaning the shrimp, peeled and deveined. Next, turn on your Instant Pot and select the ‘Saute’ function. Add the olive oil and shrimp to the bottom in an even layer, if possible. Sprinkle the shrimp with a little garlic pepper and kosher salt and cook the raw shrimp on each side for 2 minutes on the first side.
After 2 minutes, flip the shrimp over in another even layer. Add the minced garlic and cook the shrimp for an additional 2 minutes or until each shrimp has turned lightly pink in color.
Once the shrimp has been cooked on each side for 2 minutes, remove the shrimp from your Instant Pot and set it aside. If there is remaining olive oil and/or minced garlic you are welcome to leave it in the bottom of the pot.
Select the ‘Cancel’ function to reset the cooking function. You’ll then want to add the pasta and chicken stock ensuring the pasta is carefully pressed down into as much of the chicken stock as possible. If you are using angel hair pasta, be sure to break up the pasta and layer it in a criss-cross pattern. Doing so will ensure the pasta does not stick together.
Secure the lid on your Instant Pot and select the ‘Pressure Cooking’ function on high. Cook pasta for 4 minutes.
When the timer beeps, allow natural pressure release for 2 minutes then quick release all remaining pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
Next, add cooked shrimp, butter, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, remaining garlic pepper, and parsley to the pot and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm & enjoy!
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 pound farfalle or angel hair pasta
- 2.5 cups chicken stock (you can also use water or chicken broth if needed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Clean, peel and devein shrimp.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and select the 'Saute' function. Add olive oil, minced garlic and shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with a little garlic pepper and salt and cook on each side for 2 minutes or until shrimp have turned lightly pink in color. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Selectthe 'Cancel' function to reset the cooking function. Add pasta and chicken stock ensuring the pasta is carefully pressed down into as much of thechicken stock as possible.
- Secure the lid. Select the 'Pressure Cooking' function on high and cook for 4 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, naturally release pressure for 2 minutes then quick release all remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Add shrimp, butter, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, remaining garlic pepper, parsley, and salt to taste. Still well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve warm & enjoy!