Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo with jar sauce is the easy, beginner-friendly Instant Pot recipe you need. In just a few minutes, you’ll have an easy dinner meal on the table everyone will love.
If your family loves a good creamy pasta dish as much as ours then you’re going to love this Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, likely available right in your pantry, you’ll have dinner on the table in minutes. Watch them come running for seconds.
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo pasta is loaded with flavor, too. To save time, we made our shrimp alfredo with jar sauce as opposed to homemade alfredo sauce. We find the taste is still really fantastic!
Now, let’s get the details on how to make this creamy shrimp dinner recipe below.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK PASTA IN THE INSTANT POT?
When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, feel free to choose any type of pasta you might prefer. Regardless of which pasta you choose, be sure to follow the cooking times indicated on the pasta box. Whatever the box says – cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes.
For example, if the pasta box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. All together you would cook for 3 minutes. In our house, we like a tad bit of al dente pasta. If you want yours even more cooked, consider adding one additional minute.
If for any reason you don’t feel as though your pasta is cooked enough, you can always secure the lid back on your Instant Pot and pressure cook again for 0 minutes. Following these rules should result in perfectly cooked pasta in your Instant Pot every time.
CAN I USE FROZEN SHRIMP IN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
You most certain can! Assuming the frozen shrimp you are using are already cooked, simply throw it into the pot with butter and garlic and saute until fully warmed. However, we think this creamy shrimp pasta dish tastes best when made with jumbo, raw shrimp.
CAN I FREEZE INSTANT POT SHRIMP ALFREDO?
Unfortunately, cream-based pasta sauces don’t hold up to freezing in our opinion. However, you can still make shrimp alfredo ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a day or so. To do so, be sure to store in an airtight container.
HOW TO REHEAT SHRIMP ALFREDO
If you happen to have any leftover Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo, there are a number of different ways you can reheat without the pasta turning out overcooked or mushy. Here are three simple methods:
USE BOILING WATER
If you choose this method to reheat your pasta, you will only want to do so with plain pasta without sauce.
To reheat using boiling water, fill a large pot with water and place over medium heat on the stove top. After the water comes to a boil, add the leftover pasta in a colander and lower it into the boiling water.
Allow the pasta to warm in the water for 30 to 60 seconds then carefully remove. Toss your cooked pasta with our favorite pasta sauce and you’re good to go.
REHEAT IN THE OVEN
Add your leftover shrimp alfredo pasta and sauce in an oven-safe baking dish and cover with foil. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and place your dish with pasta in the oven. Reheat for 20 minutes or until your pasta has reached your desired temperature. If for any reason you feel your pasta has dried, be sure to add a little extra pasta sauce and/or olive oil and mix well.
Once your pasta is properly reheated, remove from oven and serve! Top with some parmesan cheese, too!
REHEAT IN THE MICORWAVE
For individualized portions, place the desired amount on a plate or in a bowl and place in the micorwave for 1 minute. After the 1 minute has expired, remove from the microwave, stir the contents and place back back in for an additional 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired temperature.
If for any reason you want to add more ‘sauce’, add a splash of water or chicken stock when heating.
HOW LONG DOES LEFTOVER PASTA LAST?
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo pasta that’s properly stored can last for 3-4 days in the fridge. To store longer, be sure you place your cooked shrimp alfredo in an airtight container.
WHAT TYPE OF PASTA SHOULD I USE?
What is great about this super easy shrimp alfredo in Instant Pot is you can use any pasta of your choosing. However, with a creamy shrimp pasta such as this, we love to use pasta shells that hold on to the cream sauce well. Pasta shells such as penne pasta, fettuccini, rigatoni and more are our favorites.
When cooking pasta in your pressure cooker, be sure to follow the tip before for cooking time.
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO MAKE INSTANT POT SHRIMP ALFREDO
What we love most about this Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo with jar sauce is the number of ways to you make this easy pressure cooker recipe. While we used a few simple ingredients, there are so many alternative ingredients to add. Here are just a few of our family loved favorites:
- Red bell peppers
- Green bell peppers
- Roasted red tomaotes
- Andouille sausage
- Smoked sausage
- Grilled chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I may recieve a percentage of qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT SHRIMP ALFREDO:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chicken broth (you can use water, if needed)
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, but it does give the dish so good flavor)
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese for topping
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SHRIMP ALFREDO
- Select the ‘saute’ function on high. Add butter and allow to melt slightly. Add shrimp and cook on side for 1 for 2 minutes. Once 2 minutes has passed, add minced garlic and flip shrimp. Cook on the opposite side for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from your Instant Pot and add chicken stock. Deglaze the bottom of the pot to ensure nothing has stuck to the bottom. Doing so will help ensure you do not receive the ‘Burn Notice.’ Select ‘Cancel’ to reset the cooking function.
- Next, add the fettuccini pasta shells by breaking them in half and layering them in a criss cross pattern. NOTE: it is important to remember this step if you’re using fettuccini pasta shells. Doing so will ensure the pasta does not stick together and cooks evenly. Also, be sure to press down on the pasta to ensure they are as much under the chicken stock as possible.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and select the ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, allow natural pressure release for 1 minute then quick release all remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the pasta until broken up evenly.
- Next, add alfredo sauce, salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, garlic pepper and shrimp. Stir until well combined. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot!