This Instant Pot Creamy Ravioli Soup receives universal raves – and for good reason – it’s hearty, flavorful, versatile and incredibly easy to whip up! Try it today and let us know what you think!
We’re such a fan of this creamy ravioli soup!
It’s been our goal to create recipes for you that are as versatile as your family is! If yours is anything like mine, each person loves a little something different. Some of us are plant based or vegan, others are not.
What I love about this Instant Pot ravioli soup is you can change the ingredients out quickly and easily. Simply drop most of your ingredients in your Instant Pot, Pressure Cook and you’re good to go!
It’s the perfect yummy soup for these cooler temperatures! In less than 10-15 minutes, you’ve got a delicious lunch or dinner on the table for the whole family!
For all of my Vegan friends, you can easily make this dish a Vegan friendly one, as well. Simply replace the dairy products with Vegan substitutes and remove the half-and-half. We have tried it both ways and it’s still so delicious. Our family personally love the Kite Hill spinach ravioli or Kite Hill cheese tortellini. You can typically find both at Whole Foods and many Target locations.
Similarly, you’re welcome to change out the meat to your preference. We love adding Italian sausage. If you don’t have or like Italian sausage, you can also use ground beef. Prefer chicken sausage? Go for it! Only have linked sausage? Add that instead! It truly is a soup you can make your own and still have it be incredibly delicious!
Now, let’s get to the good stuff – the details on how to make this crowd pleasing Instant Pot Creamy Ravioli Soup!
Also, if you’re looking for a few other Instant Pot recipes to try this week, here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Instant Pot 5 Cheese Mac & Cheese Topped With Maple Bacon
- Instant Pot Turkey Mushroom Bolognese
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
______ OUR FAVORITE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES ______
TIPS FOR MAKING CREAMY RAVIOLI SOUP
- Because our family generally likes our pasta to be a bit more al dente, I typically throw all of the ingredients below into the Instant Pot and add the pasta shells after the pressure cooking phase.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT RAVIOLI SOUP
- 1/2 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 can roasted red tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4-5 cups fresh spinach or kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, garnish
- 1 10 ounce package of ravioli
LOOKING TO MAKE THIS RECIPE VEGAN OR PLANT BASED FRIENDLY?
If you are looking for a dairy-free, plant based or vegan recipe you can simply replace the ingredients above with the following:
- Use soy milk or coconut milk in place of half and half or whole milk
- Replace the ravioli pasta with a vegan or plant based option such as Kite Hill vegan tortellini or ravioli.
- Replace the Parmesan cheese with a dairy-free or vegan option. There’s a large variety at Whole Foods, Target and Aldi.
- If you are looking for a plant-based Italian sausage, we love Beyond Meat products which taste really fantastic!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CREAMY RAVIOLI SOUP
- Turn on Instant Pot and select the ‘Saute function on high.
- Add in olive oil and ground Italian sausage and saute until slightly brown. Be sure to stir the sausage regularly to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Doing so will ensure you do not receive the ‘Burn’ notice during the Pressure Cook phases.
- When the sausage is cooked about 50% of the way, add in chopped onions and garlic and continue to saute until onions are softened.
- Once onions are softened and sausage is mostly cooked (do not need to cook 100% as the meat will continue to cook on Pressure Cook function), select the ‘Cancel’ function to turn off your Instant Pot and reset the cooking function.
- Add chicken broth, roasted red tomatoes, garlic pepper, basil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and select the ‘Pressure Cook’ or ‘Manual’ function and cook on high for 8 minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to heat up before cooking begins.
- When timer beeps, quick release pressure or ‘Venting’ to release steam fully.
- Once the steam is fully released, remove the lip and stir in half and half, ravioli, grated Parmesan cheese and kale or spinach. Continue to cook on warm or saute on medium or low until the kale is soft or slightly wilted and pasta is softened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add any additional seasoning to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Top with Parmesan cheese, too!