AUTUMN SPICED RUM PUNCH RECIPE
Spiced Rum Punch is the perfect Fall cocktail you and your guests will rave about! This quick and easy rum punch recipe is basically everything you love about Fall in a frosty glass!
With Fall just days away, we’re ushering in the new season with one of your all-time favorite Fall cocktails – Autumn Spiced Rum Punch. This Fall cocktail recipe is loaded with fresh fruit including crisp apples, orange juice and orange slices, apple cider, pear chunks, cinnamon sticks, spiced rum and more! It’s basically candy in a glass.
What we love about this rum punch recipe is how easy and versatile it is. Below, we are sharing a number of variations you can choose to suit your taste buds!
AUTUMN SPICED RUM PUNCH NECESSITIES
WHAT TYPE OF RUM SHOULD I USE?
There are a number of different spiced rum options you can use for this recipe. I used Brinley Gold Shipwreck Spriced Rum, but here are a few popular options along with cost. You can find almost all of these spiced rum options at any local liquor store or retailers such as Target and Walmart.
- Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum – 750mL $15-$18
- Captail Morgans Spiced Rum – $14
- Port Hawk Carribian Spiced Rum
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO MAKE SPICED RUM PUNCH
While we made this recipe with a number of flavorful ingredients including spiced rum, cranberry juice, orange juice, apple cider, apple and pear chunks and orange slices, there are a number of ways you can vary this rum punch recipe. Here are just a few of the ingredients we like to add or replace in this easy spiced rum punch recipe.
- Pineapple Juice – we love the way the apple cider, orange juice and cranberry juice taste together, but others love replacing with pineapple juice as an alternative.
- Lime Juice & Lime Slices – if you prefer your cocktails with a bit more citrus flavor try adding in a tad bit of lime juice and/or lime slices. Be sure to add slowly and taste until you’ve reached your desired flavor.
- Sparling White Wine – we did not include sparkling white wine this go around, but we have in the past. It’s a great addition if you like a little fizz.
- Regular Dark or White Rum – if you don’t like the taste of spiced rum, feel free to replace with a classic dark rum or white rum choice. Be sure to taste before serving and add any additional flavors to enhance the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE AUTUMN SPICED RUM PUNCH
Making this spiced rum punch recipe is quick and easy and can be made in either a large pitcher or punch bowl. It’s a great Fall and Winter cocktail if you’re entertaining guests for Halloween, Thanksgiving, football game days, Christmas and more. You’re guests are almost guaranteed to love this rum punch cocktail!
First, start by chopping up small to medium chunks of your favorite Fall fruit. We used a variety of apples including Honeycrisp, Fuji and Granny Smith along with pears and orange slices. Fill your pitcher (I used an 80 oz. pitcher) about 50% with your apple chunks, pear chunks and orange slices.
Next, add in spiced rum, cranberry juice, orange juice and apple cider. Top with a few cinnamon sticks and refreigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Once you’re ready to serve, pour the spiced rum punch over glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
This drink recipe will make about 4-6 cocktails depending on the size of your serving glass. I love doubling this up and serving in a punch bowl when we are entertaining more guests.
If you’re interested in making this drink recipe a mocktail, simply omit the spiced rum. It makes for a delicious treat for the kids, too!
If you like a little fizz, you can also top with sparkling white wine once you’re ready to serve.
Also, I recommend giving the rum punch a taste before refridgerating. Want it stronger? Feel free to add an bit more spiced rum. Prefer more of an apple cider taste? Feel free to add more! Regardless, this cocktail will taste great!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES? HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Apple Caramel Martini
- The Mezcal Paloma You Need This Summer
- Not Your Average Cocktail || Best Old Fashioned Recipe
- An Irresistable Empress 1908 Gin Cocktail
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine
Autumn Spiced Rum Punch
- 2-3 apples, chopped I used a combination of Honeycrisp, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples
- 1-2 oranges, sliced
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 cups spiced rum
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or punch bowl (NOTE: I used an 80 ounce pitcher). Stir ingredients until well combined
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving
- Once ready to serve, pour punch in glasses filled with ice
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
WE'D LOVE TO SEE! TAG US @ANNABAUN