CREAMY ONE-POT CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
A few years ago, I was introduced to chicken spaghetti and my life has never been the same. It’s the perfect, comfort food dish for any occasion – hearty enough for a winter meal, yet light enough for a summer picnic. And it’s always a hit with guests, no matter how many times I’ve made it. Trust me, this is the easy pasta recipe you need in your life!
A classic dish with a twist, chicken spaghetti is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love. This chicken recipe combines the traditional flavors of spaghetti with juicy, tender chicken for a dish that is sure to please. And best of all, it can be on the table in just 30 minutes!
So what are you waiting for? Give this easy spaghetti recipe a try tonight and see for yourself just how delicious it is. I guarantee you’ll be hooked after just one bite!
In this post, we will cover the following topics. Feel free to use the links below to navigate the post.
- Chicken spaghetti ingredients
- How to make chicken spaghetti
- Recipe variations and tips
- Can I freeze chicken spaghetti?
- How to store chicken spaghetti
- Can I make chicken spaghetti ahead of time?
- What is the best way to reheat chicken spaghetti?
SHOP RECIPE ESSENTIALS
Please note: A Lily Love Affair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI INGREDIENTS
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES – While chicken spaghetti can be made with any type of pasta, I prefer to use thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta. This allows the chicken and sauce to really shine through and ensures that each bite is packed with flavor. However, feel free to use your favorite pasta in this recipe – it will still be delicious!
- OLIVE OIL – You can also use avocado oil or coconut oil.
- BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST – I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe, but chicken thighs would work just as well. If you’re looking for a little extra flavor, you could also try using shredded rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- GARLIC PEPPER – Regular pepper will work if you don’t have garlic pepper on hand.
- ONION – While any type of onion will work in this recipe, I prefer to use yellow onions. They have a milder flavor that won’t overpower the other ingredients, and they cook up nice and soft. If you don’t have yellow onions on hand, feel free to use white or red onions instead.
- MINCED GARLIC – don’t have minced garlic on hand? No problem! Feel free to use 1-2 fresh garlic cloves instead. You can also add garlic powder as a substitute also.
- FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES – I love using fire-roasted tomatoes in this recipe because they add a touch of smoky flavor to the dish. However, you can certainly use regular diced tomatoes if that’s what you have on hand. Similarly, we have made this comfort food dish with Rotel tomatoes which is a delicious alternative. Either way, your chicken spaghetti will be delicious!
- PAPRIKA – Paprika is a spice made from dried red peppers, and it’s often used to add color and flavor to dishes. In chicken spaghetti, paprika adds a beautiful reddish hue to the dish and provides a subtle smoky flavor. It’s also a great source of antioxidants, so it’s good for you, too!
- CAYENNE PEPPER – Add cayenne pepper to chicken spaghetti if you like your food a little bit spicy. Just be sure to start with a small amount and add more to taste, as cayenne pepper can be quite spicy. You could also try using a milder chili powder if you prefer.
- HEAVY CREAM – This will make the dish richer and more decadent. However, if you’re looking for a lighter option, you could also use half and half or even milk.
- FRESH SPINACH – Feel free to use as much or as little as desire! Don’t like spinach? Feel free to omit it as well.
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE – If you know me well, you know freshly grated parmesan cheese is the key ingredient in this pasta recipe. Not only does it help thicken this creamy pasta sauce, but it also adds a rich, cheesy flavor you won’t want to miss. Shredded cheddar cheese or cream cheese are both awesome alternatives if you like your pasta extra cheesy. Sharp cheddar, anyone?
- LEMON – Top this pasta recipe with a pinch of freshly squeezed lemon for added flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
In a large pot or pan over medium heat, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. We prefer our pasta more on the al dente side, but feel free to cook longer. If you like to add even more flavor to this easy spaghetti recipe, use chicken broth as opposed to water when boiling the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, season both sides of your boneless chicken breast with a pinch of garlic pepper, and salt. Next, in a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and chicken breasts and allow to cook on each side for 4-6 minutes. You may need to cook longer based on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Once your chicken has cooked thoroughly, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
Add onions and garlic and allow to simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add drained fire-roasted tomatoes, heavy cream, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Allow the mixture to simmer on low for 1-2 minutes.
Next, stir in parmesan cheese until well combined and the sauce begins to thicken. Add cooked spaghetti, spinach and chicken. Mix all the ingredients together, serve warm and enjoy! Feel free to add additional salt and pepper to taste.
RECIPE VARIATIONS & TIPS
- For a more flavorful chicken spaghetti, try using rotisserie chicken. The shredded chicken will add a delicious smoky flavor to the dish.
- If you’re looking for a bit of spice, add some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes to the chicken spaghetti.
- For a healthier chicken spaghetti, use whole wheat pasta and low-fat cheese.
- To make chicken spaghetti even easier, cook the noodles and chicken in the same pot. Simply sauté the chicken until cooked through, then add the noodles and sauce to the pot and heat until warmed through.
- While chicken spaghetti is traditionally made with just chicken and pasta, I like to add veggies to mine for extra flavor and nutrition. Some of my favorites include diced tomatoes, green chilies, bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. Feel free to get creative and add your favorite veggies to the mix!
No matter how you make it, chicken spaghetti is a dish that is sure to please. So go ahead and give it a try – I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
CAN I FREEZE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI?
Yes! This chicken spaghetti recipe freezes well. Simply place the cooked chicken spaghetti in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
Cooked chicken spaghetti will last in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Cover with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
To reheat, Simply place the chicken spaghetti in a microwave-safe dish and heat until warmed through. You can also reheat on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
CAN I MAKE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can definitely make chicken spaghetti ahead of time. Simply cook the chicken and noodles according to the recipe instructions, then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through.
I hope you enjoy this chicken spaghetti recipe! If you try it, please be sure to leave a rating and review below. I’d love to hear from you!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REHEAT CHICKEN SPAGHETTI?
The best way to reheat chicken spaghetti is in the oven. Just place the dish in a baking dish and heat it at 350 degrees until it’s hot and bubbly. You could also reheat chicken spaghetti in the microwave, but be careful not to overcook it. The pasta will continue to cook even after it’s been removed from the heat, so it’s best to err on the side of caution.
I hope you enjoy this chicken spaghetti recipe! It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and always a hit with my family and friends. I’m sure it will become a new favorite in your home as well. So give it a try tonight and see for yourself just how delicious chicken spaghetti can be!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES? HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta: A Delicious and Easy Recipe
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Rasta Pasta With Shrimp & Cream Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta | Delicious & Easy
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta With Shrimp & Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
The One Chicken Spaghetti Recipe You Need In Your Life
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, garnish
- In a large pot or pan over medium heat, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. We prefer our pasta more on the al dente side, but feel free to cook longer. If you like to add even more flavor to this easy spaghetti recipe, use chicken broth as opposed to water when boiling the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, season both sides of your boneless chicken breast with a pinch of garlic pepper, and salt. Next, in a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and chicken breasts and allow to cook on each side for 4-6 minutes. You may need to cook longer based on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Once your chicken has cooked thoroughly, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Add onions and garlic and allow to simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add drained fire-roasted tomatoes, heavy cream, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Allow the mixture to simmer on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, stir in parmesan cheese until well combined and the sauce begins to thicken. Add cooked spaghetti, spinach and chicken. Mix all the ingredients together, serve warm and enjoy! Feel free to add additional salt and pepper to taste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
WE’D LOVE TO SEE! TAG US @ANNABAUN
Leave A Comment