If you’ve been looking for affordable womens plaid coats this season, today’s post has you covered. We are sharing more than 35 incredible plaid coats you’ll love all Fall and Winter long.
If you have been following the blog for the last few years, you know we are big fans of statement coats for Fall & Winter. Not only can they be the perfect warm layer you need this season, they are also the perfect piece to create a stand-out look during the cooler months.
In today’s post, we are sharing more than 30 of our favorite womens plaid coats under $50, $100, $150 and $150+. There are so many incredible options included below. I cannot wait to hear which plaid coats are your favorites.
Whether you are shopping for a wool coat, casual jackets, womens plaid coats with faux fur, double breasted or single breasted coats – we have almost all the styles you need included.
In additonal, we’re sharing our favorite ways to style a plaid coat, our favorite places to shop for affordable options and more.
OUTFIT DETAILS: Pleated Skirt (similar pleated skirt here and here) || Turtleneck Sweater (available in 6 colors) || M.Gemi Boots (sold out – similar options here, here and here) || Plaid Coat (sold out – my favorite plaid coat options here, here and here) || Earrings || Reversible Belt
HOW TO STYLE A WOMENS PLAID COAT
A MONOCROMATIC LOOK
One of my favorite ways to style a plaid coat is with a monocromatic look similar to the one featured here. If you know me well, you know I am a sucker for a pleated skirt or midi dress. I love the way a plaid coat pulls together an all black, green, maroon look and more.
WITH SKINNY JEANS OR FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS
Grab your skinny jeans, a classic sweater, faux leather leggings and your plaid coat for a pulled together look for day or weekend. I love to pair my skinny jeans and faux leather leggings with heels or booties. It’s one of my favorite looks for weekend brunch with the girls or casual date night with Shawn.
OVER A DRESS & HEELS
Similar to this pleated skirt look, I love how classy and stylish a plaid coat looks over a knee high or midid dress in a solid color like green, maroon, blue or black. Have a bridal shower, getting ready for work, have a holiday party you’re attending? This look is a great option that will get you compliments for days.
JOGGERS, SWEATSHIRT & SNEAKERS
Have a jogger set you love and interested in dressing it up a bit? Throw on your long plaid coat and sneakers and you have the perfect chic look for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon brunch.
OUR FAVORITE PLACES TO BUY WOMENS PLAID COATS
Here are a few places we love to shop for stylish, affordable plaid coats:
- Mango has quickly become one of my favorite places to shop online. You can find a number of really affordable pieces, including dresses, Fall sweaters, plaid coats and more that are on-trend and high quality. Many of their pieces are under or around $100.
- While their pieces are often on a bit more of the pricey side, I love shopping for Fall coats, jackets, wool coats and more at Anthropologie. They also have an extensive collection for all of my petite friends.
- This may seem like a more obvious choice, but if you’re looking for affordable Fall plaid coats and plaid jackets under $100, look no further than the AQUA or BB Dakota collections at Bloomingdales. If I am in the market for a trendy piece that won’t break my bank, I head right for both collections almost every time.
- Vici has a really wide selection of trendy, well-made pieces, but this time of year their coat collection is on point.
- More specifically, they offer a wide range of coats and jackets perfect for Fall and Winter. They update their collection every week so be sure to check back early and often. Their pieces have a tendency to sell out fast and currently include on-trend trench coats, shirt jackets, wool coats, plaid jackets and more.
- Shopbop may be one of my all-time favorite places to shop for dresses (really just about everything in my closet). A few collections that are almost always really affordable include J.O.A, Cupcakes & Cashmere, Line & Dot, English Factory and 525 America.
- Similar to Mango, I have been shopping at H&M more and more frequently this season. If you are looking for a high quality, but affordable coat for Fall and Winter, check into H&M. I found several womens plaid coats, blazers and jackets perfect for years to come.
- ANN TAYLOR
- If you’ve been following the blog for any period of time, you know we have been long-time fans of Ann Taylor. Their late Spring and Fall collections are some of the better collections I have seen from them recently. They have a stunning plaid coat option right now that I am dying to get my hands on. Bonus, they are running a 50% off sale!
- This season, I found the most extensive collection of coats at Nordstrom. This Fall and Winter, they have more than 50+ plaid coat options available in various styles and all price tags. I love their long coat options, shirt jacket collection, trench coats and plaid blazers. I have been so impressed with the options!
- BANANA REPUBLIC
SHOP OUR FAVORITE WOMENS PLAID COATS
Below are our favorite plaid coats under $50, $100 and $200. There are so many great, affordable options that are also high in quality and make. We can’t wait to hear which ones are your favorites.